A 'jealous' man tried to cut off his 'love rival's penis' in a brutal attack after he stormed into the house of his ex-girlfriend.
James Cunliffe has been found guilty of attempted murder after he flew into a rage and tried to 'chop the rival's d*** off'.
The 33-year-old and from Leigh in Greater Manchester was so enraged after spotting his ex-girlfriend with the man that he barged into her house and repeatedly stabbed him.
Both of the men had been in on-off relationships with her, Manchester Crown Court heard.
After being found guilty, Cunliffe will be sentenced next month, reports the Manchester Evening News.
He had known the woman for about two years, but prior to the attack, on March 22, they had fallen out. A restraining order stopping Cunliffe from seeing her had previously been imposed, but it had been 'largely ignored'.
Cunliffe claimed he went to the house at about 7.30pm to pick up some clothes, where he found his ex and his victim drinking and listening to music.
The court heard how Cunliffe rugby tackled his love rival to the floor, before grabbing a kitchen knife and stabbing him seven times during the 'horrendous' attack.
He suffered a punctured lung and wounds to his head, arm and groin, as well as injuries to his testicles.
The victim later told police: "He was trying to chop my d*** off, he was trying to cut me down there on purpose.
"I actually thought I was going to die, I thought I was going to die on that floor."
After the attack, Cunliffe went to his uncle's house with his t-shirt covered in blood.
"I’ve just stabbed him up," Cunliffe told him.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
He washed his hands and put on a fresh shirt, before adding: "I’m going to the shop for some cans, I’ll see you in ten years."
In court, Cunliffe claimed he didn't intend to kill the man, with his barrister describing the attack as 'spontaneous'.
A jury still found him guilty of attempted murder.
In a text message to the woman prior to the attack, Cunliffe said: "Trust me, I'm capable of a life sentence, so don't f****** wind me up."
Following the attack, the victim spent four days in hospital, with prosecutors saying he was 'lucky not to have been killed'.
The victim explained in court that he'd only met Cunliffe twice, but that the pair had messaged each other.
He hadn't spoken to the woman for 'months' but had been invited round to her home that day.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article