Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have promised that they will not let coronavirus stop them performing their royal duties.
The couple is to go ahead with a 10-day tour which will take in places such as virus-hit Bosnia and Jordan later this month.
Prince Charles will visit Bosnia and Herzegovina next week to mark the 25th anniversary of the genocide and highlight reforms to improve people's lives.
The trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina will take place between Tuesday, March 17, and Wednesday, March 18.
The country has so far reported five confirmed cases of Covid-19.
Then on Wednesday, March 18 until Saturday, March 21 Prince Charles will visit the Republic of Cyprus, which has reported two cases of coronavirus so far.
Today's Top Stories
Charles will be joined by Camilla for the first official royal visit to Cyprus since the Queen visited in 1993.
The visit will celebrate historic ties between Cyprus and the UK, as well as recognising the UK’s role “as the largest troop contributor to the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus.”
On Saturday, March 21 to Wednesday, March 25 Charles and Camilla will visit the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan which reported its first case of coronavirus at the end of last week.
Government officials are said to be discussing how best to protect the royal family from the outbreak.
The Queen is planning to go ahead with garden parties in May when the virus is expected to be at its peak.
A Clarence House spokesman said: "We are following government advice."
Source: Read Full Article