Disgusted couple find slug in McDonalds burger they thought was a pickle

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A young couple claim they find a slug in a burger after buying a Mcdonald's meal.

Aimee Welch and boyfriend Josh Bakin bought burgers and chicken nuggets at the restaurant.

They bought their meals, leaving them in the bag, and took them home to eat.

But Aimee, 18, said when Josh opened his BBQ Bacon Stack, he found something unusual inside.

He thought it was a pickle and removed it., but was horrified to discover it was actually a slug.

McDonald's Stoke-on Trent apologised but said it could find no evidence to suggest the slug got into the burger in the branch.

StokeonTrentLive reports an email Aimee received from the company said "there is no excuse for it", and offered her vouchers.

Aimee, from Talke, Staffordshire, said: "He opened his burger and he thought it was a pickle at first, he doesn't like pickles so he moved it. He noticed that it was slimy.

"The slime was on the cheese and lettuce. He moved it and was like ‘what’s that?’. We looked closer and it was a slug.

  • YouTuber 'live streams pregnant girlfriend's death' as she freezes half-naked

"It knocked me sick. Josh was shocked and he didn’t want to eat anything."

The couple went back to the branch with the slug and were offered a £5 refund for the burger.

But Aimee said she felt the situation could have been handled better.

She added: "We went down to the branch to see if we could get a refund on the same day. The manager's reaction was 'Aahh, effin hell mate, sorry about that'.

"He then gave us cash and walked us outside."

She was told in an email from the company that a pre-paid envelope would be sent out so McDonald's could "investigate further and pass this on to our food technology laboratory".

But Aimee said it had still not arrived, and "the slug is in my bedroom sitting in a sandwich bag. It’s horrible".

Josh, 19, from Cheddleton, Staffordshire, said: "Seeing the slug made me feel ill, and I didn't want to ever go back or eat there again. I felt the manager was very unbothered and it felt like they just wanted to get rid of us."

A McDonald's spokesperson said: "We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.

"Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections.

"Having conducted an investigation at restaurant-level, we’ve been unable to find anything to suggest the product was contaminated with the foreign object in the restaurant.

"Our Customer Services Team has contacted the customer to apologise and to help find a resolution."

  • Mcdonalds
  • Restaurants

Source: Read Full Article