The Queen won’t know “what to do” with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle if they head back to the UK for her Platinum Jubilee.
Her Majesty will celebrate 70 years on the throne during the four-day event in June 2022.
In November, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden announced Brits will enjoy a four-day bank holiday between June 2 and 5 – with royal parades and pageantry planned.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly set to attend, but Megxit has supposedly thrown The Firm’s plans into chaos.
A source told The Sun: “Harry wants to be there. It is already causing a headache and is going to be very awkward.
“Where will they be positioned if they turn up? What events can they attend?
“Will we put them on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the flypast?
“This is a celebration for the Queen’s 70 years of service to the nation and should not be overshadowed.
“There are now so many questions about what to do with Harry and Meghan.”
North Korea spent all winter enriching uranium and no one knows why, says US expert
Last week, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Harry and Meghan would not be returning as working royals.
In a statement, it said “it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service” following a review of their position.
The Queen also stripped the couple of their remaining royal patronages and military titles.
Boris Johnson's four tests for easing lockdown revealed ahead of lockdown roadmap
Harry and Meghan’s response read: "As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.
"We can all live a life of service. Service is universal."
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams believes the decision will have taken a heavy toll on the prince.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
He earlier told the Daily Star: “We knew that they weren’t going to return as working royals, and it’s worth remembering that they stepped down pretty abruptly, rather brutally, last January – which caused a crisis for the Royal Family.
“That should be borne in mind. It’s essentially very sad because Harry will be devastated by the loss of his military titles, there’s no doubt about it.”
Source: Read Full Article