Meghan Markle’s Oprah interview ‘will give Duchess her voice back’ friend claims

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey will give the duchess "her voice back".

The former actress, 39, and husband Harry's hotly-anticipated tell-all with the US chat show host was filmed in California last week – shortly before their split from the Royal Family was finally rubber-stamped.

Meghan, who is pregnant with their second child, will be the main focus of the interview.

She is expected to discuss "stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work" and "how she is handling life under intense public pressure". It will first be broadcast on US TV network CBS on March 7.

It is also expected the couple will open up about why they quit the royal life.

A close friend of the couple told the Sunday Times Meghan feared she "lost her voice" when she began dating Harry.

"She had a platform as a moderately successful actress, and when she was told to stop using her social media and be careful what she said, I could tell that loss of voice and independence pained her," the friend said.

"Having an institutional voice within the Royal Family wasn't enough. This interview will be the loudest way she’ll get her voice back."

The Sussexes' decision to end their work as royals was officially confirmed by Buckingham Palace on Friday.

A royal statement said: "Following conversations with the duke, the Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of the Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.

"The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by the duke and duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family.

"While all are saddened by their decision, the duke and duchess remain much-loved members of the family."

  • Prince Philip: Charles visits dad in hospital after 99-year-old Duke's health scare

A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan added: "As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.

"We can all live a life of service. Service is universal."

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article