‘Miracle no-one died’ as two buses crash into each other in busy UK high street

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Two buses crashed into each other before one ploughed into an Argos store, leaving people “screaming” and “blood all over the windows”.

The vehicles collided on Upper Parliament Street in Nottingham city centre at 4.10pm this afternoon, September 9.

They narrowly missed dozens of shoppers, and the road was afterwards sealed off as emergency services carried out an investigation.

It is unclear how many people were hurt in the collision.

However, at least one passenger was seen being taken from a bus on a stretcher.

An eyewitness said: "One of the buses was coming down George Street and the other was going up the road.

"When the bus turned off George Street they both smashed into each other and one of them just kept going and went straight into the Argos shop.

"It was like something from an action movie. Loads of people were screaming and I could see blood all over the windows of the bus.

"It's an absolute miracle no one died."

  • Outrage as fire engine gets stuck in newly-narrowed London cycle streets

A spokesperson for Nottinghamshire Police said: "Officers from Nottinghamshire Police were called just before 4.10pm to a report of a collision between two buses where one of the buses went into a shop.

"A number of people are reported to have received injuries, none of which are believed to be life-threatening or life-altering.

"Officers are currently at the scene managing traffic and establishing the circumstances around the incident."

  • Hundreds of Queen's workers facing chop demand 'loyalty' at Windsor Castle protests

Nottingham City Transport said it was "supporting the emergency services as they respond to a collision involving two of our buses".

It added: "Our thoughts are with all of those involved and affected by the incident and we are working closely with Nottinghamshire Police as they investigate what has happened."

An Argos spokesperson said: "Our Parliament Street store is temporarily closed following an incident.

"We are supporting the police and will reopen as soon as we are able to."

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article