The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Pals of Prince Charles have accused Prince Harry of "f***ing hypocrisy" after the royal complained of being "cut off financially".
Harry made the claim in the bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, which was screened in the US on Sunday, March 7 and on ITV in the UK the following night.
The Duke of Sussex told the chat show legend he was forced to make huge deals with streaming services Netflix and Spotify so he could afford security for his family.
But sources close to his dad have questioned whether this is the case.
A friend of Charles accused him of "f***ing hypocrisy", the Sunday Times reports.
The source said: "It was a surprise to hear he'd been cut off, given the bank statements. The prince continued to provide Harry and Meghan with financial support after their move to America, while they found their feet.
"When Harry and Meghan left last year, they wanted to become ‘financially independent’."
Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah has become the most watched TV event of 2021 so far.
It featured a range of bombshell claims and accusations, with the fallout continuing within the royal household.
Other controversial assertions include claims a member of the Royal family was concerned about what baby Archie's skin tone would be and Kate Middleton making Meghan cry in a row over bridesmaid dresses for her wedding.
Regarding financial support after the couple's decision to quit as working royals, Harry said: "My family literally cut me off financially.
"I've got what my mum left me, and without that, we would not have been able to do this. I think she saw it coming."
A spokesman for Harry has been contacted for comment.
- Prince Charles
- Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle
- Royal Family
- Oprah Winfrey
Source: Read Full Article