Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!
A bride drunkenly broke her foot after tripping over her dress after her wedding reception.
Sam Graham, from Burnley in Lancashire, says hobbling around on crutches was not quite the honeymoon image she had dreamt of for the weeks following her big day.
She admits a combination of booze and a broken ankle unsurprisingly ruled out "any nookie" with her new husband Dave.
The couple tied the knot at Burnley register office on August 7 but it was not until they left their local cricket club, that Sam discovered she was wearing a trip hazard.
The 40-year-old is now recovering on crutches after breaking her foot in two places – leaving her new groom Dave Graham to take care of her, The Manchester Evening News reports.
Sam said: "Our vows said: ‘in sickness and in health’ and so Dave’s had a baptism of fire in that respect.
"He is not the world’s best chef, but he has certainly done his best to look after me.
"I’d had a few drinks at my wedding, and I think that certainly contributed to my fall.
"Needless to say Dave and me didn’t get up to any nookie on our wedding night – I was in too much pain and too tipsy as well.”
Sam and Dave met on a dating site six years ago.
Mug shot of wanted man sparks comparisons to everything from Jesus to Scooby Doo
"I wasn’t really looking for love, one my mates had put my details on the site," she said.
"But it turned out Dave actually used to live near my mum and like me, he was a single parent. He was very gentlemanly. We fell in love really quickly."
The couple got engaged and began planning their wedding but in August last year, Sam’s mum, Sylvia, tragically died from cancer, aged 66.
Sam, who is a mum to a teenage son, said: "Mum and I were very close, so it was heartbreaking. I had a photo of her at the wedding so that I could see her as I walked down the aisle.
Dad fatally shoots own daughter, 8, after 'mistaking her silhouette for a burglar'
"I had a few drinks to try to control my emotions, because I really missed her."
"We had a great day, Mum would have loved it, and I was quite drunk by the time we left," Sam said.
"As we walked in through our front door, I got the train of my wedding dress stuck under my wedges and I went headlong.
"My foot was absolute agony, but I thought I could sleep it off. We both collapsed into bed."
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
But the next day, Sam’s right foot was swollen and painful and scans at Burnley general revealed two hairline fractures. She was given a supportive boot and crutches and told to rest for a month.
"I hate sitting still but I am in so much pain. I can’t go to work, and I can’t drive, it’s very frustrating," she said.
"Dave has been looking after me, cooking and helping me up the stairs, which is not the best start to married life! I can’t wait to get back to my own cooking."
The couple are planning a honeymoon in October when Sam has fully recovered.
Source: Read Full Article