Woman to be quizzed by cops after missing girl discovered at airport

A 35-year-old woman was stopped at Manchester Airport with a two-year-old girl who had been reported missing.

Now, she is set to be questioned by police after they took the toddler away from her last night, Sunday, August 29.

Gracie-May Rogers from Lancaster has been taken to a safe place by police, they said, as reported by LancsLive.

A 39-year-old man who police also wanted to speak to in relation to Gracie-May's disappearance has not returned to the UK.

Police added that while the woman will be interviewed, she was not under arrest.

Lancashire Police said in a statement: “On Friday we asked for your help to find missing two-year-old Gracie-May from Lancaster.

“We are pleased to say that last night (August 29) officers collected Gracie-May at Manchester Airport in the company of a woman. She has now been taken to a place of safety.

“A 35-year-old woman who we wanted to speak to in connection with Gracie-May’s disappearance were detained by officers without incident.

“While she is not under arrest she will be voluntarily interviewed in due course.

“A 39-year-old man we wanted to speak to in connection with Gracie-May’s disappearance has not returned to the UK.

“We would like to thank everybody who shared our appeal and played a key role in helping with our investigation to find Gracie-May. Your support, as ever, is massively appreciated.”

Police launched an urgent appeal last Friday to find Gracie-May, from Lancaster, after she was allegedly taken to Spain.

The child had last been seen with her mother Kelly Gibson at about 10am on Tuesday, August 24.

For the latest breaking news stories and incredible tales from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

It is believed they boarded a plane from Glasgow airport at 5.30pm the following day along with Gracie’s father Lee Rogers and arrived in Alicante, Spain at 9.35pm on the same day.

Lancashire Police had said it was treating the case as a missing child and the couple were wanted on suspicion of child abduction.

Source: Read Full Article